Baduria is one of the oldest Municipalities situated at the bank of river Ichhamoti. It was established in the year 1869 comprising of four detached land, P.O. & P.S. Baduria in Basirhat Sub-division, Dist. North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India. It is 60 K.M. away from Kolkata. The total area of the Municipality is 22.43 sq. K.M.
The generation of Raja Protapaditya was known as “Raja”, from Jessore (now in Bangladesh) had been living at Khorgachhi at time of Mughal period under this Municipality. Thousand years ago during the time of 2nd Chandragupta (Gupta Yuga), the generation of Raja Chandraketu was also living at Andharmanik. During the British period a good number of Jaminder used to live here.
This Municipality is enriched with so many historical places of interest like, “Shri Shri Anandamoyee Kali Mandir”, along with “Twelve Shiva Mandir”, which was established in the year 1219. “Ek Mandir”, “Rowsan Bibi Darga” which was established more than six thousand year ago. There are 4 (four) “Shiva Mandir”, A gate of one Rupee at Arbelia. Darga of Sahachand, A mandir of “Brindaban Chandra”, at Baduria which was established at the time of Maharaja Krishna Chandra Dev. There was a Shivabati at Rudhrapur established in the year 620 B.S.
Out of those historical places there was a Sanskrit School at Purnia & Andharmanik under the Municipal area. Punra (School of Sanskrit) was known as “Chotto nabadwip” at the time of Shri Shri Chaitanya Dev. Many students from different places used to came here to learn “Sanskrit”. Right now there are 4(four) Co-educational Higher Secondary Schools, 2(two) Junior Basic Schools, 40(forty) Primary Schools and Twenty Sishu Siksha Schools and 16(sixteen) Sarba Shiksha Kendra. There is no college in the surrounding area even now.